Which home is most important? Your first, or last?
Are you game plan ready?
Creating Inspo Boards For Your Dream Home Design
Why do we call it a mood board?
The beauty of the mood board is that you choose elements that align with the mood of the room, house or style you love. Adding elements together allows you to see which colours look great together, and which house features don’t quite look as lovely as you first imagined. Creating a mood board will get your creating mind ticking, it can also be helpful if you are somebody who has difficulty deciding on what they like.
We created our mood board by finding inspo images on Pinterest and putting them together in Canva.
- Paint colour – including the brand name and exact colour
- Carpet/rug ideas against the chosen paint colours
- House style – Hamptons living, art deco, Victorian, weatherboard, holiday beach house feel, brick gables, render colours. The list goes on!
- Gardens – front, back or side of the house. Vertical growing or overhead growing.
- Roof materials – Colourbond roofing: colour, gradient. Roof tiles.
- Garage setup – free-standing car shelter, double or triple garage, what materials will the garage be made of?
- Front door – classic timber, vibrant pastel, glass panels, solid and sturdy or light and accessible?